At Nethouseprices.com we take your right to privacy very seriously; the following policy reflects our commitment to confidentiality.
Collection of Information
Nethouseprices collects the details provided by you on registration together with the information we learn about you through your use of the service. We may collect additional information through your participation in any promotions and competitions offered by us.
In particular, if you use our online property valuation tool, then we will collect and store all information that you input into it and submit to us, which may include the address of your home.
If you decide to pay for a subscription to access additional information we use a third party payment provider to ensure your security and privacy. No financial information (like credit card details) is known to us.
How we use the Information you provide
Your personal information will be held and used by us in accordance with UK data protection legislation.
We will use the information that you provide to:
- Operate the Service and send you information you request on the Site
- Generate aggregate statistics about our Site visitors and users of the Service
- Collect broad demographic information for aggregate use
- Improve the content of our web pages
- Administer this Site
- Customise the Service we provide to you
- Notify you when your registration with the Service is due to expire
- Handle enquiries, orders or applications submitted to us by you
- Verify your identity (for example, in the event you participate in a promotion or are a competition winner)
- Conduct surveys and market research
- Send you our newsletter and information about products and services that may interest you, if you have agreed to us doing so. This may be by email. If at any time you do not wish to continue to receive these details then contact us using these details.
We may also share that data in the following way:
We may analyse and disclose aggregate statistics about our Site visitors and users of our Service in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of the Site or its visitors.
In particular, we may share data which you submit or generate in the course of using the online valuation tool with our partners and with other users of our website more generally.
By using this site you agree that we may share your information with our trusted partners so that they can provide information to you about products and services that may interest you. This may be by email, SMS, telephone or direct mail. If at any time you do not wish us to share your information in this way, then contact us using the contact details on our website.
Other web sites
A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer's hard disk so that the website can remember who you are.
A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the 'lifetime' of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
Two types of cookies are used on this website:
session cookies - temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site.
persistent cookies - these remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
Find out more about cookies
- Session cookies:
- To allow you to carry information across pages of our site and avoid having to sign in many times.
- Within registration to allow you to access stored information.
- Persistent cookies:
- To help us recognise you as a unique visitor (a number) when you return to our website and to allow us to tailor content or advertisements to match your preferred interests or to avoid showing you the same adverts repeatedly.
- To compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our site and to help us improve the structure of our website. We cannot identify you personally in this way.
- Within research surveys to ensure you are not invited to complete a questionnaire too often or after you have already done so.
- To store registration information so that you only have to re-enter your password each time you visit the site
- Third-party cookies:
Third parties serve cookies via this site. These are used for the following purposes:
- To serve advertisements on our site and track whether these advertisements are clicked on by users.
- To control how often you are shown a particular advertisement.
- To tailor content to your preferences.
- To count the number of anonymous users of our site.
- Disabling or enabling cookies
- You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled.
What can I do to manage cookies stored on my computer?
By using Nethouseprices.com you consent to our data collection, storing, accessing, sharing and usage of cookies or other information on your device that takes place on nethouseprices.com, app, email publication or other property as a consequence of your use of nethouseprices.com.
There are a number of ways to manage cookies. If you use different computers in different locations you will need to ensure that each browser is adjusted to suit your cookie preferences.
Some modern browsers have a feature that will analyse website privacy policies and allow a user to control their privacy needs. These are known as 'P3P' features (Privacy Preferences Platform Find further information on P3P.
You can easily delete any cookies that have been installed in the cookie folder of your browser. For example, if you are using Microsoft Windows Explorer:
- Open 'Windows Explorer'
- Click on the 'Search' button on the tool bar
- Type 'cookie' into the search box for 'Folders and Files'
- Select 'My Computer' in the 'Look In' box
- Click 'Search Now'
- Double click on the folders that are found
- 'Select' any cookie file
- Hit the 'Delete' button on your keyboard
If you are not using Microsoft Windows Explorer, then you should select 'cookies' in the 'Help' function for information on where to find your cookie folder.
What can I do to stop cookies being installed on my browser?
All web browsers enable you to set your cookie preferences before you start surfing.
I like to control which cookies are being set on my browser, but the alerts are rather annoying - is there any way that I can stop them?
Set preferences on Internet Explorer 7+
Set preferences on Netscape 7
- Session cookies:
We do not allow persons who we know to be 18 or younger to become members of Nethouseprices.com and do not, therefore, knowingly solicit personal information from persons aged 18 or younger or share such information with third parties.
Your personal information will be held and used by us in accordance with UK data protection legislation. You have a right to access the personal information that is held about you. To obtain a copy of the personal information Nethouseprices holds relating to you, please write to us at Nethouseprices (for full address please see our Contact page), enclosing your name, address, and a cheque for £10 payable to Nethouseprices Ltd, giving details of your name, address and email address.